Listing the entire season. Click to list starting from today.
- 9/4, 9/5 & 9/7/2020, MA (link). Metropolitan Chorale [MA]: Auditions for 2020-21 season. Join the Metropolitan Chorale this Fall for an extraordinary season! Why should you sing with us? Find out from our Music Director, Lisa Graham and our members: https://youtu.be/cIH-DrnZtJQ Auditions via zoom are being held this Friday and Saturday (9/4 & 5) and next Monday, (9/7) between 5-7pm. Auditions will include vocal exercises, melody recall and sight-singing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your audition. ⓘ
- 9/15 & 9/22/2020, Westford MA. Westford Chorus [MA]: Fall Season Going Virtual! Come Sing With the Westford Chorus for our virtual Fall Season. This year you can enjoy your musical experience in the comfort of your own home. Our music program of “Eat, Drink and Be Merry” seems fitting for the times, and will allow us to engage in a blend of whole chorus and sectional singing, along with some sing alongs, and some exploration of vocal techniques and best practices. We are proud to say that both Jim Barkovic and Terry Halco are returning to inspire and direct us, with a few visits from a guest musician as well! Rehearsals will happen via Zoom—email email@example.com to get the Zoom link. Our first two rehearsals, Tuesday nights, September 15 & 22, from 7:15-9:00, will be open to anyone. Rehearsals will follow this general schedule: 7:15-7:30 Announcements, Introductions, Warm-Ups; 7:30-8:30 Music (full group, sectionals, and/or musical guest); 8:30-9:00 Social time BYOB! Subsequent rehearsals, September 29 - December 15, will only be available to members who have committed to the season and paid dues ($95). We will initially work on four pieces from our spring 2020 repertoire: "Sing On", "Coffee in a Cardboard Cup", "Java Jive", and "Ching-a-Ring Chaw". Links to free sheet music and YouTube versions of the songs are available. ⓘ
- 9/15/2020, Arlington MA. Mystic Chorale welcomes singers for virtual season! [MA]: Sing with Mystic Chorale via Zoom this fall! Have we ever needed music in our lives more than now? Come sing with the Mystic Chorale during this fall’s virtual season, WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN, celebrating the roots of today’s country traditions. Mystic Chorale is a non-profit, non-audition, volunteer-run community chorus. Come be part of what we do best… singing from our hearts, singing as community, making the world a better place, one song at a time. We welcome all who love to sing, and through the magic of Zoom, our door is open to folks throughout the US and abroad! Under the direction of Founder and Artistic Director Nick Page, the chorus will sing music that builds musical bridges between black and white traditions and creates a distinctly American message and sound. The spirit-lifting repertoire includes music by Rhiannon Giddons, the Judds, Rosa Lee & Doc Watson, and more. During each Tuesday session singers will have the option of participating in some or all of the four segments listed below, each providing a rich choral experience for all. •Learning a core group of seven exciting songs •Enjoying special guests, including singer/songwriters Joyce Andersen and Bill Staines; voice teachers; slam poet, Reggie Gibson; collaborating choruses from Teaneck, NJ and Philadelphia, PA •Participating in just-for-the-fun-of-it singalongs to music by the Carter Family, Johnny Cash, The Chicks, Dolly Parton and others. •Contributing to any or all of 6 virtual choir videos The season will culminate in a virtual celebration on November 21st, with live performances, singalongs and the premiere of Mystic’s virtual choir videos from the fall. When: 10 Tuesdays, September 15 - November 17, 7:30 pm Where: On Zoom Tuition: $85. Scholarship support is available Sign-up: https://mysticchorale.org for details and to sign up today!
- 1/7/2021, West Somerville MA (link). The Cambridge Chamber Singers [MA]: Virtual Auditions with The Cambridge Chamber Singers. Sing with Us! Due to COVID-19 the Cambridge Chamber Singers are limiting in-person rehearsals and performances for the foreseeable future. However, if you are looking for a place to meet people and engage in occasional virtual singing and socializing, then join us! Auditions will be held online only by appointment. To schedule an audition slot, please contact Carolyn Roosevelt at CTRoosevelt@gmail.com or 617-953-1853. Experienced singers of all parts are encouraged to audition. During non-pandemic times, the following information applies: We rehearse from 7:15 – 9:45 PM on Thursday nights at MIT. Auditions (and rehearsals) are held at MIT (accessible via Kendall/MIT stop on the red line or several different buses). MIT, Bldg 5 Rm. 217 77 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139 Preparing for Your Audition In the 10-minute audition you will: 1) Sing a prepared, unaccompanied piece – something you’re comfortable with. Demonstrate accuracy and expressiveness. 2) Sight read Renaissance and contemporary excerpts. 3) Do some vocal exercises across your range as requested. 4) Sing back a series of intervals. ⓘ
- 3/11, 3/11, 3/4 & 3/4/2021, Brattleboro VT (link). Brattleboro Women's Chorus [VT]: Join the Brattleboro Women's Chorus - Virtually! The Brattleboro Women’s Chorus welcomes new members to help us celebrate our 25th Anniversary year by singing together weekly via Zoom. We will be singing on Thursdays via Zoom this spring starting Thursday, March 4 from either 10 – 11:30 am OR 7 – 8:30 pm until our Singalong performance on Mother’s Day, May 9. The chosen music is an eclectic mix from around the world that is spirited, uplifting and easy to learn during these challenging times. Recordings and some videos are available to practice with between rehearsals. The Chorus welcomes anyone ages 10 and up who identifies as a woman or non-binary, and whose vocal range comfortably includes the A in the middle of the treble staff. Our first two rehearsals on March 4th and 11th are open to anyone who wants to “try chorus out” with no obligation to join. All singers must register via Zoom for the link to the first two rehearsals. The cost for the spring session is a sliding scale of $80-$150 per adult with discounts for students and family pairs. Financial aid is available. ⓘ
- 8/23, 8/24, 8/25, 8/28 & 8/28/2021, Brookline MA. Metropolitan Chorale [MA]: Metropolitan Chorale Auditions for 2021-22 Season. The Metropolitan Chorale invites experienced choral singers to audition for its 2021-22 season. We are looking for singers of all voice types who have strong vocal and reading skills. In addition to musical excellence, our chorale is known for its camaraderie and diverse programming. Auditions will be held Monday, August 23 through Wednesday, August 25, 6-9 pm each evening, and Saturday, August 28th between 9am-1pm and 3-6pm at All Saints Parish (1773 Beacon Street, Brookline) on the D line. Please email Reka Peterson, Chorale Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a fifteen-minute audition. Auditions include vocalizing, an aural memory evaluation, and sight reading. Singers are welcome to bring a prepared piece, but it is not required. To ensure maximum safety, all auditioners are required to submit proof of full vaccination. Please email proof of full COVID vaccination (scanned copy of card) to email@example.com. The Metropolitan Chorale is a 100-voice auditioned chorus, and one of Boston’s premier vocal ensembles. Our emphasis on culturally significant programming, combined with excellence in performance, yields a unique artistic contribution to the city of Boston. The chorus is led by Music Director Lisa Graham. Our mission is to unite singers who share the joy of learning and performing an innovative repertoire of traditional and contemporary works, and to support the growth of music in our community. We strive for a quality of performance that engages the chorus and inspires an appreciative and loyal audience. ⓘ