Creative Musicians Retreat at The Walden School
All participants at the Creative Musicians Retreat take classes, sing in chorus, attend improvisation workshops, hear concerts, and participate in Composers Forums. Courses include the Walden School Musicianship Course, seminars on Contemporary Topics, and courses in electronic music. Our Composer-In-Residence is on campus all week, moderating three Composers Forums, conducting master classes, and giving private composition lessons. In 2019, our artists-in-residence will be Mivos Quartet, percussionist Matthew Gold, and composer George Lewis.
In the Choral program, participants
- Take classes in contemporary topics, musicianship and/or electronic music
- Sing in chorus
- Sing in afternoon chamber chorus (a workshop choir for new choral compositions by participants)
- Arrange/compose a piece for the chamber chorus
- Learn from our conductor how to rehearse with Walden methods
- Have meetings/lessons with conductor
- Attend concerts, workshops and composers forums in the evening
Participants are 40 adult musicians from around the world. Tuition, room and board: $2,200 (plus a $30 application fee). Paying by credit card or PayPal adds an additional 5% fee. Need-based financial aid is available.