Listing starts from today. Click to list entire season.
- 8/22, 9/12 & 9/19/2022, Arlington MA. Cantilena - a women's chorale [MA]: Fall Auditions begin Aug 22 in person*. CANTILENA women’s chorus begins hearing SSAA singers Mon Aug 22 for in-person fall rehearsals and a Sunday December 11th concert: "Comfort & Joy" Who: SSAA voices - all treble voice parts Where: First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Arlington, 630 Mass Ave, Arlington, MA 02476 When: In-person* by appointment only August 22nd and following our 7:30 pm open rehearsals on Monday, September 12th & 19th. What: Auditions by our Director, Elinor Armsby, consisting of vocalization, pitch-matching, and sight-reading exercises. Singers are asked to choose a very simple short song to demonstrate vocal quality, technique, and musicality. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments and questions. Cantilena holds regular rehearsals every Monday at First Parish Unitarian Universalist in Arlington, MA. from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., including holidays. Due to the ongoing pandemic, Cantilena requires all singers attending rehearsals in person to be fully vaccinated, masked, and physically distant from one another. Cantilena will continue to monitor the level of risk to our choral community and adjust our policies as necessary. *Note: all auditionees must have proof of vaccination to attend our in-person rehearsal. Cantilena welcomes and celebrates individual identities, including but not limited to their race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in all of our activities or operations. More info https://www.cantilena.org
- 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 & 8/3/2022, Brookline MA. Metropolitan Chorale [MA]: Metropolitan Chorale Auditions for 2022-23 Season. The Metropolitan Chorale is seeking experienced choral singers for its 2022-23 season. We are looking for singers of all voice types who have strong vocal and reading skills. In addition to musical excellence, our chorale is known for its camaraderie and diverse programming. We are a welcoming and inclusive ensemble, committed to creating an environment where every member of our community feels valued and respected. Auditions will be held in the evenings from 6-9pm on Tuesday - Thursday, 8/23-25 and Tuesday, 8/30 at Kehillath Israel at 384 in Harvard Street in Brookline. The 2022-23 season will include three concerts in November, March and May. Our Pops Choir (an auditioned ensemble) will join the Boston Pops, under the direction of Keith Lockhart, to sing a series of holiday concerts throughout New England in December. Rehearsals are on Tuesdays from 7-9:30pm at a beautiful newly renovated space with a modern HVAC system equipped with MERV 13 filters at Kehillath Israel in Brookline. Your audition will include vocal exercises, aural skills evaluation and some sight reading. You are welcome to bring a solo (this can be an excerpt from a choral piece or a solo of any genre), but this is not required. To ensure maximum safety, all auditioners are required to submit proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, and wear a mask at their audition. Please email Reka Peterson, Chorale Administrator at email@example.com for more information and to schedule an audition. ⓘ
- 8/3/2022, Newton MA. Cantata Singers [MA]: Auditions for 2022-2023 Season. Join Cantata Singers for the 2022-2023 Season, BOUNDLESS, as we present five mainstage concerts in Boston and surrounding communities. This promises to be an exceptional season as we welcome our new Music Director, Noah Horn. ⓘ
- 9/6/2022, Cromwell CT. GMChorale [CT]: Sing with GMChorale! GMChorale has a fantastic Mainstage Season planned for 2022-2023 and we would love for YOU to be a part of it. In November, baroque will meet contemporary when Antonio Vivaldi's Gloria is performed alongside Martin Sedek's The Four Seasons: A Cantata. The latter is set to sonnets, translated into English by the composer, that Vivaldi originally set to accompany his instrumental work: The Four Seasons. Audiences will be delighted to hear the baroque and contemporary styles in conversation and juxtaposed against one another for a uniquely GMChorale musical event. Then, in Spring 2023, we will present another timeless masterwork: Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem (A German Requiem). Sung in German, Brahms' sacred but non-liturgical masterpiece, is a timeless work that seeks to comfort the living. GMChorale singers have the opportunity to become better musicians by engaging with these masterpieces with professional section leaders and music teachers, an experience unique to GMChorale. Don't miss the unique opportunity to fall in love again with these timeless masterworks. Fill out the inquiry form at https://www.gmchorale.org/join. Claim your seat! Sing with GMChorale. ⓘ
- 9/6 & 9/13/2022, Framingham MA. Heritage Chorale [MA]: Open Rehearsals and Auditions. Sing with the Heritage Chorale: Tuesdays, September 6 and 13, starting at 7:30 pm. See for yourself the energy, talent, and dedication of Chorale singers, extraordinary music director, and expert accompanist. Visit heritagechorale.org for more information, including what we are doing to remain safe during the ongoing pandemic. ⓘ