Listing starts from today. Click to list entire season.
- 9/24/2017, Boston, MA. Coro Allegro [MA]: Auditions - Tenors and Basses. Coro Allegro, a chorus for members and friends of the LGBTQ+ and allied communities, affirms, strengthens, and enriches the lives of its members and the broader community through the presentation of outstanding performances of classical choral music. Coro Allegro is seeking experienced tenor and bass choral singers to join us in our 2017-2018 season. To schedule an audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the auditions form at http://www.coroallegro.org/join-us/auditions/audition-form. The audition takes about 15 minutes and consists of a range check, vocalizing, pitch recognition exercises, and sight-singing. You do not need to prepare a solo piece. Coro Allegro rehearses most Sunday evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm in Bates Hall in the basement of Church of the Covenant, located at 67 Newbury Street (corner of Berkeley Street) in Boston’s Back Bay. We rehearse on Monday evenings during long weekends (Monday holidays). ⓘ
- 9/25/2017, Needham, MA. Highland Glee Club [MA]: Open Rehearsals. The Highland Glee Club will continue its 109th Season with a rehearsal on Monday, September 11. Monday rehearsals through September 25 are open to all interested men. The only requirements are a love of singing, the ability to hold a tune and attend weekly Monday rehearsals. The winter concert will be Sunday, December 3, and will include works by Nanino, Morley, Monteverdi and Mendelssohn, as well as the Kyrie and Sanctus from Cherubini's Requiem. The HGC is a men's chorus with 27 members from the Greater Boston area. The group is directed by David Tiedman, music director at the Pilgrim Church in Sherborn, and accompanied by Maxim Lubarsky, a jazz pianist with classical training. To learn more, contact Andrew Danberg-Ficarelli: email@example.com. ⓘ
- 9/30/2017, Amherst, MA. Illuminati Vocal Arts Ensemble [MA]: Auditioning all voice parts. Illuminati Vocal Arts Ensemble, a professional-quality auditioned chorus based in the Pioneer Valley of Western MA, is auditioning all voice parts. Season highlights include the Vivaldi Gloria with Arcadia Players on October 22, 2017, and the Rachmaninoff All-Night Vigil on February 24, 2018. Rehearsals are generally four to five times per performance, and take place at All Saints, South Hadley. ⓘ
- 10/4/2017, South Hadley, MA. South Hadley Chorale [MA]: Seeking Singers of All Voice Parts. The South Hadley Chorale seeks volunteer singers of all voice parts for our 2017-18 season! This year, we will be collaborating with the Valley Winds, a wind ensemble based in the Pioneer Valley, on a diverse program of music for choir and winds. Repertoire includes music of Bach, Brahms, Schubert, and Persichetti, in a program entitled “Sing Me The Universal: Music of Life and Death.” The South Hadley Chorale rehearses on Wednesday evenings, 7-9pm, at Center Church in South Hadley, MA. Our first rehearsal is on Wednesday October 4, with the season finale concert on March 11 2018, at Abbey Chapel on the campus of Mount Holyoke College. Come check us out at our opening rehearsal on October 4! We’re a warm non-auditioned group with singers from their twenties to their eighties, and we love making beautiful music and having fun together. ⓘ
- 10/6/2017, Cambridge, MA. The Cambridge Chamber Singers [MA]: Auditions for the 2017-2018 season. In the 10-minute audition you will: 1) Sing a prepared, unaccompanied piece – something you’re comfortable with; Demonstrate accuracy and expressiveness; 2) Sight read Renaissance and contemporary excerpts; 3) Do some vocal exercises across your range as requested; 4) Sing back a series of intervals. To make an audition appointment, contact choir president Carolyn Roosevelt at CTRoosevelt@gmail.com or 617.953.1853. ⓘ