New England Choral Institute at New Hampshire Music Festival
A one-week intensive for singers and conductors built around the preparation and performance of Johannes Brahms’s Ein deutsches Requiem.
- All participants will sing in the chorus for the culminating performance of Brahms’ Ein deutsches Requiem with conductor Dan Perkins and the New Hampshire Music Festival Orchestra.
- Auditions for the Institute are required either in person or via an electronic submission.
- New Hampshire Music Festival Choristers may sing the Brahms without attending the Institute.
Dr. Dan Perkins, Director; Paul Polivnick and Ryan Turner (conducting); David Nesmith (Alexander Technique); Dr. Tami Petty (voice, Requiem soloist); Paul Max Tipton (Voice, requiem soloist), and Dr. Eva Nagorka (voice; performance anxiety).
Community Track: A series of rehearsals meant for singers in New Hampshire who want to commute over the course of three weeks, three times a week. This follows the format of rehearsals that the Festival has used for the last two years and is open to anyone who completes a successful audition. All events are at the Silver Center for the Arts in Plymouth, NH.
Auditions: Saturday, June 11: 6-7:30 PM
Choral Institute: This series is meant for singers and students looking for an intensive, immersive one week program of rehearsal and study. Two participation tracks are available.
Track 1: Holistic work for the experienced amateur vocalist or conductor.
- Day student participation fee: $300
- Resident student participation fee: $450 (7 nights double room, campus housing). Meal plan options and housing upgrades are available to fit a variety of budgets.
Track 2: Intensive program of study for college and graduate students with optional graduate credits (1–3) through a collaboration with Plymouth State University
- ME 5560 Graduate Practicum in Choral Music (1–3 credits)
- In-State: $530 per credit
- Out-of-State: $605 per credit