Events for The Essex Harmony
August 23, 2014 (Saturday)
12:00 PM. The Essex Harmony [MA]: William Billings concert. Including "Lamentation Over Boston"; "Retrospect"; "Is Any Afflicted"; "Jordan". Billings was an acquaintance of Paul Revere who left for his midnight ride after seeing 2 lit lanterns from the steeple of the Old North Church to indicate the British were coming by sea. The first 2 selections lament the Boston Massacre and offer a retrospective of the American Revolution. Open to the public free of charge. For more information, call 508-328-4782. The Old North Church, 193 Salem Street, Boston MA 02113 ⓘ
December 3, 2016 (Saturday)
3:00 PM. The Essex Harmony [MA]: Christmas at Tapley. 11th century “Mary’s Boy Child” to Tom Carmody’s arrangement of Mary’s Boy Child. From Billings’ “Judea” to Carmody’s arrangement of Alfred Burt’s “Caroling, Caroling”, and others. For more information, call 978-317-6423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Danvers Historical Society, Tapley Hall, 13 Page Street, Danvers MA 01923 ⓘ
Listing 2 events.
Other Choral Calendars—Not Choral Arts New England
- CT: Association of Connecticut Choruses (ACC)
- MA (Boston): Greater Boston Choral Consortium (GBCC)
- MA (central): Central Massachusetts Choral Consortium
- RI: ChoirNews.org: Rhode Island calendar, directory, and further links.
- NH: The Choral Arts Foundation of the Upper Valley
- Greater Boston: Boston Singers' Resource Vocal Music Calendar