Kodaly Institute Summer Certification Programs
The Kodály Music Institute is an innovative and rewarding summer study program for music educators and performing musicians who wish to strengthen their music skills and music teaching. The goal is for teachers to become better musicians and learn how to help each student become a better musician.
Two Special Courses for 2017: Taste of Kodály (July 10-14), and Choir Conductor’s Heaven. Also:
- Choir Conductor’s Toolbox with Gabor Virágh and David Hodgkins; (July 5, 6, 7, 8) Conductors rehearse ear-training and conducting skills using full scores in this exciting team-taught course.
- Observation of the FaySummer Choir Camp (July 17-21) allows you to have a front row seat watching master Kodály teachers in action.
- Choral Music Repertoire and Strategies with Dr. Alyson Shirk, Artistic Director of the American Kodály Children’s Chorus, (July 5, 6, 7)
- Other courses and programs are offered.
Free Events - Open to the Public
- Visitor’s Day: All are welcome to observe the Kodály Music Institute classes and FaySummer student’s solfège classes and rehearsals. July 13, 2017, 8:00-4:00 pm.
- Gala Concert: featuring the KMI Choir and Fay Summer Student Choir. July 21, 2017 at 5:00 pm at Fay School, Southborough MA.