Heritage Chorale seeks Music Director
Heritage Chorale, a highly-regarded SATB adult chorus of about 80 members based in Framingham, Massachusetts, is seeking a Music Director & Conductor to begin rehearsals in September 2020. We are an auditioned chorus of talented amateur singers from MetroWest dedicated to performance of fine choral music. Rehearsals, with a professional accompanist/assistant conductor, are held weekly from September to May to prepare for three concerts a year (late fall, mid-winter, late spring). Two concerts feature classical repertoire and one is based on a range of popular, folk, Broadway, or jazz genres. Our chorale has enjoyed highly capable artistic leadership in its 80-year history and seeks a conductor with vision and inspiration to continue our reputation for artistic excellence. The Chorale offers competitive compensation. More information is available at our website, www.heritagechorale.org.
Applicants should have the following:
- A degree in music, including keyboard proficiency
- Experience in choral conducting of auditioned adult choirs
- Knowledge of a wide variety of repertoire
- Ability to conduct effective rehearsals, expecting excellence but with a light touch
- Knowledge of Boston music organizations with whom the Chorale could collaborate and for soloist and instrumentalist recruitment
- Public speaking experience, as needed, e.g., to introduce music selections in performance
- Willingness to work with, the Chorale’s Board of Directors and the Program Committee
Please send a current résumé, together with samples of recent concert programs and, if available, CDs of performances to:
Chair, Search Committee
23 Ponderosa Drive
Townsend, MA 01469
Deadline for submission of resumes is October 15, 2019.